Joseph Hollander & Craft provides this website and the information on it for general informational purposes only. Information accessible through the site is not, and should not be relied upon or regarded as, legal advice. No one accessing or reviewing any content or information accessible through the firm’s website, whether or not a current client of the firm, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of such content or information without first consulting with and engaging a qualified, licensed attorney authorized to practice law in such person’s particular state. The firm’s website contains general information only, and that information may not apply to the particular facts and circumstances of any one case. Website information may not reflect recent legal developments or laws or rules that may apply in particular jurisdictions. The firm and its lawyers expressly disclaim all liability in connection with actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents or information accessible through this site.
Any information on the site about prior results attained by the firm or its lawyers is not a guarantee or warranty that a similar outcome will be achieved.
The firm’s website also offers links to websites owned and controlled by others. The firm is not responsible for the content, operation, links or transmissions, or any information provided on any third-party website accessible by a link from the firm’s site.
Operation of the firm’s website is not intended to form, and will not create, an attorney-client relationship. Any person who accesses information from the firm’s website or who unilaterally communicates any information to the firm or any of its lawyers by e-mail or otherwise should not expect or assume that: an attorney-client relationship is formed, the firm owes such person any professional duties owed to a client or prospective client, or that the firm or the lawyer is willing to consider or discuss forming an attorney-client relationship. Contacting the firm through the website, by e-mail, or other means does not create an attorney-client relationship with the firm or any lawyer of the firm. Before forming an attorney-client relationship, it is necessary that the firm determine whether any conflicts of interest exist and agree to the specific terms and conditions of the engagement.
Communications and information transmitted via e-mail or the Internet may not be secure, confidential, or protected by the attorney-client privilege. Please do not send any confidential or sensitive communications or information without first contacting one of our lawyers and receiving further instructions about how to proceed.
This website may be considered attorney advertising under the rules of some states. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements.
I understand that payments made on behalf of a JHC client by a third party will be treated as a loan or gift to JHC client. Any agreement regarding return of the gift or repayment of the loan is between the third party payor and JHC client—not between third party payor and JHC. Third party payments will not be refundable without client approval.
We invite readers to submit comments in response to articles and other material posted on our Web site. While we encourage active discussion and debate, we ask that you follow the rules outlined below, which are designed to protect the rights and serve the interests of all readers.
By posting comment content to our site, you are consenting to these rules:
1. You agree not to submit abusive or otherwise inappropriate comments. Content considered abusive or inappropriate includes material that is libelous or defamatory; is obscene; infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any individual; violates an individual’s right to privacy; contains language that is degrading to others on the basis of disability, gender, ethnicity, race, national origin, religion or sexual preference; violates any law; is hateful or intended to harass; and advocates unlawful acts.
2. You agree not to submit comments that include case specific information.
3. You agree not to misrepresent your identity or affiliation, or to impersonate others.
4. You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit. You indemnify Joseph, Hollander & Craft and its partners, attorneys, officers, managers and employees in regard to any losses, damages or costs that may result from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
5. You agree that we are not responsible for any user submitted content and that we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor submissions and, without consent, to block, remove or edit any content that we deem inappropriate.
6. You agree that we reserve the right to rescind a user’s privilege to post content on our site.
7. You understand and agree that we are not in any manner endorsing or vouching for the accuracy or reliability of comments posted by readers.
8. You give us permission to use any content you submit. Specifically, you grant Joseph, Hollander & Craft Law Firm a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and worldwide license to use this content. Further, you grant to us the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute and otherwise use such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
9. Finally, you agree that you waive any rights you may have in the event content you submitted is edited, altered or changed without your consent.