Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC is proud to offer a challenging, rewarding, and collegial work environment. Our greatest success is our people, and we continually seek to recruit, mentor, develop, and promote exceptional talent throughout all practice areas and departments. Lateral partners, associates, law students, and professional staff are consistently drawn to our positive, dedicated, and family friendly environment.
Compensation & Benefits
Attracting and retaining top legal talent has been critical to Joseph, Hollander & Craft’s success. Our compensation and benefits packages are competitive in the legal marketplace, and our compensation model rewards excellent client service, superior legal representation, and demonstrated commitment to the firm’s success.
Our benefits package promotes a healthy work-life balance for all employees and includes: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Pediatric Dental & Vision Insurance, Flexible Benefit Spending Plan (Section 125), Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Firm Match Contributions, Paid Time Off and Holidays.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements by e-mail to Recruiting or by U.S. Mail to:
Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC
500 N. Market St.
Wichita, KS 67214-3514
(1) Available Positions
No Available Positions
No Available Positions
RECEPTIONIST / OFFICE ASSISTANT
DESCRIPTION: Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC is prominent mid-sized law firm with offices throughout the State of Kansas. We are seeking an experienced Receptionist / Office Assistant to join our Topeka team. The successful candidate will provide excellent internal and external customer service in addition to providing administrative assistance to our legal and management teams.
NAME: Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC
EMPLOYER ADDRESS: 500 N. Market St., Wichita, KS 67214-3514
CONTACT PERSON: Jamie D. Butler
TELEPHONE NUMBER: NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
FAX NUMBER: NO FAXES
EMAIL: [email protected]
TYPE OF BUSINESS: Law Firm
JOB SITE: 500 N. Market St., Wichita, KS 67214-3514
JOB TITLE: Receptionist / Office Assistant
SALARY: $ DOE
APPLICATION: Please send cover letter, resume’ and salary requirements
EXPERIENCE NEEDED: One to two years of professional experience in a professional services environment providing excellent customer service and administrative assistance utilizing current office support techniques, software and equipment. Equivalent education or will be considered in lieu of requisite experience.
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 (Full-Time)
EOE EMPLOYER: Joseph, Hollander & Craft is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to hire qualified applicants for the position, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation or national origin. It is also our policy to provide employment opportunities to qualified persons with a disability and covered veterans.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and punctual attendance is mandatory. Work occasionally requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position; may require irregular hours. Ability to sit for extended periods of time; ability to ascend and descend stairs without assistance; occasional bending, stooping and lifting up to twenty pounds.
EDUCATION (Required): H.S. Diploma
EDUCATION (Preferred): Minimum 2 years of college or equivalent education/experience
EXPERIENCE (Required): One to two years of previous experience in a fast paced professional services environment
EXPERIENCE (Preferred): Two or more years of previous experience in a fast paced legal environment
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS (Required): Must have strong customer service skills; must be a team player; must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; must have ability to develop strong client relationships (internal and external); must demonstrate good judgement and professionalism at all times.
Must have good oral and written communication skills and demonstrate proficiency with common office equipment and applications including: Multi-Line Telephone System, Copy Machines, Scanners, Postage Machines, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Adobe, and Internet Explorer
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment using superior time management and decision making skills
Keen attention to detail and typing skills at minimum of 45 w.p.m.
Must be dependable, professional (both in appearance and demeanor), self-directed, resourceful, adaptable, energetic and demonstrate initiative.
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS (Preferred): Ability to use public and proprietary databases to calendar meetings and appointments, process client payments, scan and upload incoming documents. Experience working with Document Management Systems (DMS), Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
JOB DESCRIPTION: Successful candidate will provide excellent internal and external customer service. The Receptionist / Office Assistant reports to the Operations Coordinator and responsibilities include:
- Answering, screening and directing incoming calls; greeting, directing, and assisting clients & visitors; maintaining professional image and providing superior internal and external customer service
- Field, respond to and direct inquiries about firm from potential clients, employees, vendors, co-counsel, reporters and general public
- Ensure knowledge of whereabouts of all firm personnel to facilitate timely and appropriate direction of internal and external calls and correspondence
- Providing general clerical and administrative support to legal and management teams
- Prepare photocopies, send faxes, scan documents, shred documents as needed
- Schedule appointments, organize meetings, and maintain firm shared calendars
- Prepare conference rooms and offices for guests and new employees
- Coordinate ordering and delivery of breakfast / lunch for firm meetings
- Sort and process all incoming and internal mail according to destination and type
- Deliver and collect interoffice, incoming, and outgoing mail from all offices and departments
- Maintain general reception area, conference room and common area tidiness
- Liaise with Operations Coordinator to assist with management of office, facilities issues, office equipment, etc.
- Liaise with IT on local office computer matters and set up videoconferencing for office meetings
- Assist finance team with clerical duties such as processing client payments (both in person and over the telephone), preparing daily bank deposits and preparing petty cash reconciliation
- Primary responsibility for maintaining and stocking break room, copy room and supply cabinets
- Running errands and performing other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Other tasks as assigned
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Pediatric Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Spending Plan (Section 125)
- 401(k) with Firm Matching
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
No Available Positions