Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC is proud to offer a challenging, rewarding, and collegial work environment. Our greatest success is our people, and we continually seek to recruit, mentor, develop, and promote exceptional talent throughout all practice areas and departments. Lateral partners, associates, law students, and professional staff are consistently drawn to our positive, dedicated, and family friendly environment.
Compensation & Benefits
Attracting and retaining top legal talent has been critical to Joseph, Hollander & Craft’s success. Our compensation and benefits packages are competitive in the legal marketplace, and our compensation model rewards excellent client service, superior legal representation, and demonstrated commitment to the firm’s success.
Our benefits package promotes a healthy work-life balance for all employees and includes: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Pediatric Dental & Vision Insurance, Flexible Benefit Spending Plan (Section 125), Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Firm Match Contributions, Paid Time Off and Holidays.
Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to hire qualified applicants for the position, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation or national origin. It is also our policy to provide employment opportunities to qualified persons with a disability and covered veterans.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements by e-mail to Recruiting or by U.S. Mail to:
Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC
500 N. Market St.
Wichita, KS 67214-3514
(1) Available Positions
Overland Park / Kansas City
- DOMESTIC / FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY
DESCRIPTION: Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC is a well-respected mid-sized law firm with a prominent and growing family law practice. We are seeking an experienced Domestic / Family Law Attorney to join our Wichita team. EMAIL: [email protected]
SALARY: $ DOE APPLICATION: Please send cover letter, resume’ and salary requirements
EXPERIENCE NEEDED: 2 – 5 years’ experience working in fast paced domestic practice
- OF OPENINGS: 1
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 (Full-Time)
EOE EMPLOYER: Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to hire qualified applicants for the position, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation or national origin. It is also our policy to provide employment opportunities to qualified persons with a disability and covered veterans.
- Must be actively licensed in good standing to practice law in Kansas; licensure in neighboring states a plus
- Must possess strong communication and analytical skills and be committed to providing excellent customer service
- Must be willing to travel for court hearings, depositions, mediations and other case related engagements
- Experience in criminal law a plus
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time; ability to ascend and descend stairs without assistance; occasional bending, stooping and lifting up to fifty pounds
Undergraduate and J.D. required
Degree or certification in finance, accounting or tax a plus
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a fast paced domestic / family law practice
- Candidates should have experience handling domestic / family law matters from initial consultation through trial
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a fast paced domestic / family law practice with established book of business a plus
- Mediation / Conciliation experience a plus
- Experience successfully managing cases with issues related to valuation, income tax, capital gains, child tax credits and self-employment tax a plus
- Experience interpreting and preparing financial affidavits, tax-optimized divorce settlements and qualified domestic relations orders (QDRO) a plus
- Experience practicing in neighboring counties a plus
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS (Required):
- Ability to research, analyze and develop case information, evidence, settlement options and strategy
- Execute case strategy with senior attorneys, legal assistants, clients and support staff
- Excellent case management skills including prompt and regular communication with client, parties, court personnel and internal support staff; drafting, submitting, reviewing and responding to discovery requests; preparing for and participating in depositions, court hearings, mediations and trials; drafting correspondence, status reports, pleadings, settlement agreements, parenting plans, etc.
- Diligently manages client budgets by monitoring client account status, case staffing, case strategy and anticipating case related fees and expenses.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment using superior time management and decision making skills
- Demonstrated success managing cases and support staff including: maintaining organized files; preparing exhibits, trial materials and mediation / conciliation reports; monitoring calendars and deadlines and scheduling client and witness meetings; communicating regularly with supervising attorney, client and support staff; documenting client representation and other case management activities using case management and document management software.
- Must be a team player, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong collaboration skills and ability to develop strong client relationships (internal and external).
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and demonstrate proficiency with common office equipment and applications including: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, Internet Explorer, WordPerfect, Time Slips, TABS, Practice Master
- Must show commitment to participating in business development and networking functions to develop both individual and firm practice areas
- Must be dependable, professional (both in appearance and demeanor), self-directed, resourceful, adaptable, energetic and show initiative
- Must be motivated to manage individual case load, collaborate with domestic practice group on shared matters, and to develop and grow individual practice
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS (Preferred):
- Ability to use public and proprietary databases to calendar meetings and appointments, process client payments, scan and upload incoming documents
- Familiar with case management, time management and document management systems including: Time Slips, TABS and Practice Master
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive salary with bonus opportunities and an excellent benefit package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Pediatric Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Spending Plan (Section 125)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Firm Matching
- Free Off-Street Parking
- Firm Paid Bar Registrations, Professional Association Dues and CLE (subject to individual budgets)
- OF OPENINGS: 1