Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC is proud to offer a challenging, rewarding, and collegial work environment. Our greatest success is our people, and we continually seek to recruit, mentor, develop, and promote exceptional talent throughout all practice areas and departments. Lateral partners, associates, law students, and professional staff are consistently drawn to our positive, dedicated, and family friendly environment.
Compensation & Benefits
Attracting and retaining top legal talent has been critical to Joseph, Hollander & Craft’s success. Our compensation and benefits packages are competitive in the legal marketplace, and our compensation model rewards excellent client service, superior legal representation, and demonstrated commitment to the firm’s success.
Our benefits package promotes a healthy work-life balance for all employees and includes: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Pediatric Dental & Vision Insurance, Flexible Benefit Spending Plan (Section 125), Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Firm Match Contributions, Paid Time Off and Holidays.
Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to hire qualified applicants for the position, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation or national origin. It is also our policy to provide employment opportunities to qualified persons with a disability and covered veterans.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements by e-mail to Recruiting or by U.S. Mail to:
Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC
500 N. Market St.
Wichita, KS 67214-3514
(1) Available Positions
PARALEGAL / LEGAL ASSISTANT IN KANSAS CITY MO
DESCRIPTION: Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC is a prominent mid-sized law firm with established Family Law, Criminal Defense and Civil Litigation practice groups. We are seeking a Paralegal / Legal Assistant preferably with experience in plaintiff’s litigation to join our Kansas City team. The successful candidate will provide excellent internal and external legal assistance to our attorneys utilizing current litigation support techniques, software and equipment. Accuracy and attention to detail are required.
NAME: Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC
EMPLOYER ADDRESS: 926 Cherry St., Kansas City, MO 64106-2633
CONTACT PERSON: NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
TELEPHONE NUMBER: NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
FAX NUMBER: NO FAXES
EMAIL: [email protected]
TYPE OF BUSINESS: Law Firm
JOB SITE: 926 Cherry St., Kansas City, MO 64106-2633
JOB TITLE: Paralegal / Legal Assistant
SALARY: $ DOE
APPLICATION: Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements
EXPERIENCE NEEDED: Two years of professional experience in an active legal environment supporting plaintiff litigation team by providing excellent customer service and legal assistance to our attorneys utilizing current litigation support techniques, software and equipment. Equivalent education or paralegal certification will be considered in lieu of requisite experience.
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 (Full-Time)
EOE EMPLOYER: Joseph, Hollander & Craft is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to hire qualified applicants for the position, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation or national origin. It is also our policy to provide employment opportunities to qualified persons with a disability and covered veterans.
- Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and punctual attendance is mandatory.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time; ability to ascend and descend stairs without assistance; occasional bending, stooping and lifting up to twenty-five pounds.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally for court hearings, depositions and trials.
H.S. Diploma and Paralegal Certificate or equivalent education/experience
Two years of experience in a paralegal capacity in a fast-paced legal environment supporting plaintiff attorneys utilizing current litigation support techniques, software and equipment
On-site trial support experience
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS (Required):
- Strong customer/collaboration skills
- Proficiency with common office equipment and , Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, OCR Software, Tabs3, PracticeMaster, Internet Explorer, Document Management Systems (DMS)
- Excellent oral and written communication, keen attention to detail, dependability, professionalism, strong client (internal and external)
- Self-directed, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Typing skills at minimum of 45 w.p.m. & ability to use multi-line telephone system
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS (Preferred):
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Proficient at legal research using Westlaw databases
- Ability to use public and proprietary databases to calendar conferences, depositions and meetings and to conduct legal research, download and upload documents, pleadings, court orders, case law, medical records and investigation reports.
- Experience with office management, facilities management, accounts payable and/or accounts receivable a plus.
- Experience answering and successfully managing a multi-line phone system a plus.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Successful candidate will provide excellent internal and external and legal assistance to attorneys in preparation for litigation. Excellent organizational, writing, interpersonal skills, and communication skills are essential. Candidate will provide complex legal support by utilizing current litigation support techniques, software and equipment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of personal computer, all relevant software, tools and applications and other common office and business equipment, including copy and fax machines, scanners, printers, binders, multi-line telephone systems, etc.
- Completes all data entry and case file management tasks including: set up and maintain client files, indices, labels, folders, binders, etc. with proficiency and accuracy; scanning, uploading and coding case related materials for incorporation into electronic case file using document management system (DMS).
- Maintains case team calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, depositions and scheduling case management deadlines and relevant reminders pertaining to attorney dockets. Organizes client conferences and attorney meetings and schedules couriers, court reporters, caterers, expert witnesses and other special functions and services. Book conference rooms for meetings, including audio visual services, and arrange for meal service, if required. Set up conference calls utilizing conferencing technology.
- Assist in drafting correspondence, pleadings, memos, charts, etc. Proofreads and reformats as requested with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Performs general clerical duties including, but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing, printing and filing.
- Research, print and organize case materials, pleadings and correspondence from management systems as needed by case teams.
- Demonstrates proficiency and skills necessary for indexing, binding, compiling, organizing, scanning, and uploading pleadings, correspondence, case materials, research materials, graphics and supplies in anticipation of hearings, depositions and trial.
- Coordinates preparation of reports, exhibits, charts, graphs and other courtroom visual aids and materials. Records and monitors court appearance dates, pleadings and filing requirements. Anticipates changes in litigation or transaction requirements.
- Represents attorney in a professional way by communicating and obtaining information from colleagues, co-counsel, opposing counsel, clients, courts, etc. Follows up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney or case team.
- Responsible for providing occasional back-up support for receptionist.
- Responsible for tracking and entering time.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Demonstrates diligence and commitment to meeting all deadlines and maintaining composure in high-stress or hectic scenarios. Maintains professional interaction with clients, attorneys and office colleagues.
- Exhibits commitment to teamwork by establishing and maintaining good working relationships with clients, attorneys and office colleagues. Demonstrates willingness to work with, assist or request assistance from other practice groups and staff members in accomplishing work assignments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Maintains skill set with current software and applications by attending all mandatory training sessions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, accepting responsibility for missteps and lost opportunities, and exploring opportunities to add value to position, team, office and firm.
- Demonstrates strong multi-tasking and time management skills, ability to successfully prioritize, consistency in personal commitment to seeking clarification, guidance and training when necessary and commitment to team work and collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned