Criminal Defense Attorney
Christopher M. JosephContact Christopher
Christopher (Chris) Joseph represents individuals and businesses during the investigation and prosecution of criminal charges in federal and state courts and in complex civil litigation. Chris leads the firm’s criminal defense, asset forfeiture, judicial discipline, and personal injury practice groups. As JHC’s Managing Member, Chris embodies the firm’s motto: Ready for anything.
Following his 2000–2002 clerkship for the Honorable John W. Lungstrum, Chris began his career in private practice with a leg up on most federal practitioners his age. Decades later, he has helped countless clients defend criminal charges and pursue justice in federal courtrooms in Wichita, Topeka, and Kansas City. He knows the players, he knows the game, and he translates that knowledge into results for his clients.
The consummate litigator, Chris approaches each new case in trial mode. He digs into discovery, conducts independent investigation, and develops a strategic plan for litigation. From day one, Chris is all in. And he will carry your case across the finish line with unflagging commitment.
Chris’s history of success (particularly in high-profile cases) winning motions, trials, and appeals is the main reason most new clients call for him. But his current and former clients will tell you what they appreciate most is how he always tells it like it is. Chris will always give you his honest assessment of your case and the options available—clearly and simply, with law and facts to back it up. No matter how you choose to proceed, with Chris as your attorney, you’ll feel confident about what’s to come.
Chris is a lifetime member of the Kansas and National Associations of Criminal Defense Lawyers as well as NORML. He is also a member of the Topeka Bar Association.
University of Kansas School of Law
Juris Doctorate, 2000
Order of the Coif
Wichita State University
Bachelor of Arts, 1997
Summa Cum Laude
– US District Court for the District of Kansas
– US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
– US District Court for Western District of Missouri
– United States Supreme Court
- Kansas Vice President for the Tenth Circuit Historical Society, 2018-present
- Kansas Judicial Council Criminal Law Advisory Committee, 2019
- Kansas Judicial Council Advisory Committee on Reformation of Civil Asset Forfeiture Laws, 2017-2018
- Merit Selection Panel, United States Magistrate Judge for the District of Kansas at Topeka, 2010, 2015, 2018
- Merit Selection Panel, District of Kansas Federal Public Defender, 2013
- District of Kansas Bench-Bar Committee, 2009-2010
Related Posts to Christopher M. Joseph
Kansas City | 816-673-3900
Kansas City, MO 64106
Lawrence | 785-856-0143
Lawrence, KS 66049
Overland Park | 913-948-9490
Overland Park, KS 66212
Topeka | 785-234-3272
Topeka, KS 66612
Wichita | 316-262-9393
Wichita, KS 67214
Contact Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC
Contact Joseph, Hollander & Craft to discuss how our team of attorneys can help you.