Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC welcomes veteran criminal defense attorney Roger L. Falk on June 1, as Falk merges his solo practice – Law Office of Roger L. Falk, PA – with the larger statewide firm. This is the second time in three years that Joseph, Hollander & Craft has expanded through mergers. The firm now has 16 attorneys and offices in Lawrence, Overland Park-Kansas City, Topeka and Wichita. Falk will be in the firm’s Wichita office but will serve clients statewide.
“Roger Falk has been a distinguished litigator for more than 40 years and is one of the most tenacious lawyers to ever enter a Kansas courtroom,” said Christopher M. Joseph, Managing Member of the firm. “His practice has included the full spectrum of criminal defense, from misdemeanor DUIs…to all types of homicide, including capital murder…to a federal class action lawsuit against the Kansas Department of Corrections challenging the KBI’s DNA Data Bank. We are privileged to have Roger join us and look forward to further expansion of our criminal defense practice statewide.”
“In the legal community, the Joseph, Hollander & Craft firm has held a decades-long reputation for being technologically innovative and meticulously prepared for every situation,” Falk said. “I’ve always had great admiration for this firm – both as professional colleagues and as adversaries – and I’m honored to become part of this great legal team. I will no longer, ‘stand alone,’ when representing my clients, but will have the full support of 15 other lawyers, who will be there to help.”
Falk is a graduate of Washburn University and Washburn University School of Law. He is admitted to practice in all Kansas state and appellate courts, as well as before the United States District Court for the District of Kansas, the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. He has served as a Municipal Court Judge for the City of Cheney, Kansas, and as Municipal Court Judge Pro Tem for the cities of Wichita and Eastborough, Kansas.
Active in legal organizations at the state and national levels, his membership and service includes:
- Wichita Bar Association, President’s Award Recipient, Chair of the Lawyer Referral Committee and member of the Criminal Law Committee
- Kansas Bar Association, Fellow and member of the Criminal Law Section
- Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Past President, Past Board of Governors Member, President’s Award Recipient, Distinguished Service Award Recipient
- National Association of DUI Defense Lawyers, Founding Member
- National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), Legal Committee
In addition to his accolades for service to these legal associations, Falk has been honored and highly ranked by numerous client and peer surveys, including:
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, listed in the areas of Criminal Defense and Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI from 2008 – 2017
- The Distinguished AV Rating by Martindale Hubble for more than 20 consecutive years and recipient of Martindale Hubble’s Client Champion, Gold Award each year since 2006
- An AVVO ranking of 10 out of 10 for Criminal Defense and DUI Defense
Joseph, Hollander & Craft LLC has 16 attorneys and offices in Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka and Wichita. The firm’s primary practice areas include civil litigation, commercial law, complex criminal defense, DUI defense, employment law, family law, and professional liability defense. The firm’s attorneys represent clients in municipal, state, federal and appellate courts and before administrative panels.